Sunday, March 30, 2008

Jeffrey, sorry we missed each other, i got caught up with a mannequin

Over the weekend, K organized a double-date with Mike and Scot (who we met at violet hour) to check out Lumen. Aoki, DJ extrodinaire from LA was scheduled to spin. Regarding Lumen, the distance from our apartment has always been an for me. It's too short to take a cab but it's way too cold to walk there (which is exactly what we ended up doing).


Doors opened at 9 and we got there at 9:45. I kept telling K, "it's ok, nobody is going to show till 10:30." I figured that getting there 45 minutes before the guest list closes would be time enough.

10:40 rolls around, and I've look down on my fingers to realize that I have sacrificed my digits for Jeffrey (of project runway fame).

10:45 and the guy tells us that they're not letting anybody in the RSVP list anymore... but mentions that he could be "bought" to let the four of us in. K wanted to pay, but she was outvoted by the three of us.

Just to be clear cuz I know K is one of 2 people who read this blog. You're right, I'm wrong; you're perfect, and I'm imperfect; you are fierce, I'm not fierce. I AM SO SORRY.

So instead, we went to mannequin instead down the street. Mike worked his magic and got us in. I don't remember much of the rest because I drank too quickly because I was trying to warm myself up. Oh, we later went back to Lumen to discover that Aoki was sick and did not attend.

1 comment:

dccaf said...

i am pretty fierce... :P