Wednesday, March 5, 2008

February beats



Chicago is still freezing. I think that's why I needed some funk and energy for February.

  1. Timbuktu - Alla vill till himmelen men ingen vill dö: Translated, the song means, Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven But Nobody Wants to Die. The song hit all the Swedish pop charts in 2005. Somehow it got its way into my iTunes directory. Energetic and very pop. Many would say that it borders cheesy. But in these cold Chicago nights, its exactly what i need. You can listen to the track via last.fm
  2. *The Lovekevins - Private life of a cat: A fun electropop sound. They channel the Postal Services' that mixes lo-fi melodies with hi-tech beats and bloops. Fun fun fun.
  3. *Kid Bombardos - I round the bend: This Parisian rock band just sophisticated style. I think its staccato sounds of the guitar that makes the song.
  4. *Steve Aoki - Helicopter: I just found out this month that Steve is Devon's brother. (Go Benihana!)For some reason I never made the connection. With his latest album, "Pillowface and his airplane chronicles," Steve Aoki takes indie music faves from Justice and Klaxons and makes it club ready.
  5. *Bufi-Make It Over: Mexico city brings a little funk house to the mix. With its synthetic melodic sound, a great song to end the night or just when you're waking.
* Click for download

No comments: