Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chicago Greek Independence Day Parade

Before noon today, K and I saw a huge semi roll up Halsted with a team of workers in the back laying down a barricade. We had magnificent plans to go to the Super H mart up in Naper. We quickly realized that we needed to cross over Halsted in order to take the highway to Super H. The race was on...

...We beat the truck and had an insanely awesome time at Super H (More on that later). We got back and I head out to capture a couple pics of the parade. Needless to say, there was a lot of blue flying around (I do live in greek town). I posted a couple pics on flickr.

Today was the Greek Independence Day Parade. After 400 years ruled of the Ottoman empire, Greece declared its Independence. ZITO!!

note: I know that I am now completely and undeniably domesticated. My excitement for Sunday was going to Super H mart. I felt like a kid in a candy store

No comments: