Friday, June 20, 2008

A different side of Tokyo


View Larger Map
I am about to get on a jetplane to go visit the land of the rising sun: Japan. K will be meeting me at O'Hare to head to Tokyo!

I'll be going for family, friends, and food. The last time I visited Tokyo, it was the world cup and Korea was duking it out with Turkey for fourth place. After the game, Wayne and I ended up on a random night out in some small club listening to the producers of Pizzicato Five spin. We made the obligatory visit to a convenience store at 5 just as the sun crept up before we got back to the hotel.

I've learned that when you're traveling, make sure you have a place to sleep. The rest of the time, play it by ear. However, those who know me, know that I'm a researcher at heart.

I present to you, my tokyo notes. These are points of interest beyond the normal touristy spots that I'm eager to check out.

I'll report back what I ended up doing...

1 comment:

Vi said...

you are a freak...