Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This Ad is Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!



In an Colombian advertising campaign, Toyota is printing its ads on recycled banana leafs. The ties are pretty obvious. I feel that I should be excited about the idea, but for some reason, I'm still on the fence on whether I like the idea or not.

With the entire world buzzing about being green, I'm starting to become a bit skeptical of all the PR. I really don't want to be jaded, but there seems to be a discrepancy between lip service and action. Sometimes I feel I'm stuck in a middle of a green marketing cacophony as companies increasingly try to outdo and outscream their competitors.

However, in this case, the banana plant only produces fruit once in its life and the leaves are typically thrown away. I guess I can give them kudos for that.



Ok, Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of my bed today...

No comments: