Sunday, December 23, 2007

Songs of december

Here are my top five songs of December. The following five tracks are five songs that I've been listening to over and over on my playlists. I think I'd been listening to a little too much Indie Rock so December was an electronica/club month. I know it's a bit cheesy, but what better time to indulge than over the Holiday season.

There are some you can download of blogs but others... sorry, you gotta buy the album.

  1. One Republic - Apologize (Lil Jon Remix): My sister showed me the original during our trip to Turkey. Found this remix while surfing through my blogs. It adds a tinge of electronica. I like to blast this song in my apartment and try to dance to it. Yes, this is my guilty pleasure and anthem of the month.
  2. Cake - The Distance: Oldie but goodie. Found it in and for some reason the intro just hooks me
  3. Justice- D.A.N.C.E. (Benny Blanco mix Feat. Mos Def and Spank Rock): This year's party anthem takes a nice twist curtsy by Mos Def. When driving home after a looong night, nothing better than Justice brining you home.
  4. Tegan & Sara v. Etienne de Crecy - Walking With a Ghost in Paris (2007 Remix): A Party Ben mash-up. For me this was going back to my roots--a bit of club Frisco style.
  5. Sam Sparro-Black and Gold: I first heard of this song from MOKB and immediately fell in love with it. Recently, I've been listening to it on my drives out of Chicago. There's something about the beat that energizes me. It's like some underlying pulse that keeps the blood pumping.


No comments: