Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Alive and (relatively) unscathed

I AM ALIVE!
Yes, I'm back from Indiana and in one piece. Our parents like each other (so far). It was not without hiccups, but I discovered a couple things:

  1. Megabus is the way to travel through the Midwest.
  2. If you threw Target and Safeway into a blender, you'd get Meijer.
  3. They LOVE ranch dressing.
  4. There isn't much Chinese food in Indiana, but there is one owned by Yao Ming's cousin (or so I'm told)
  5. Don't forget to bring your keys back to Chicago. Yes, on one of the coldest days of the year, i decide to lock myself out. The worse part was that K wasn't going to get back to Chicago until 7pm (which ended up being 8:30 because she flew into O'Hare), and my landlord didn't get back into the city until 5:30pm. It was 1:00PM when I, in the -20 degree, discovered I didn't have my keys with me... The good news is that I still have 10 working digits.

No comments: