Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Milk and Honey in the Heartland [Chicago Food]

Last week, I went back to Chicago to visit K. While I <3 SF, a part of me is a bit sad that I won't be spending another summer in Chicago.

I find it always refreshing to be back in the heartland of Chicago, where the portions are.. well.. hearty. I've always wanted to check out Milk and Honey over on Division whiled I lived there. But, every time I walked passed it during the weekend, it was brimming with people.

Given the fact that its cafeteria style, hunting down seating is always rare when the place is full. I got a chance to check it out last week. The weather was a bit brisk, but warm when sitting outside--like San Fransico. K ordered the Crabcake with Chipotle Mayo and Shredded Lettuce. There was a nice kick thanks to the Chipotle mayo. I got the grilled Pastrami and swiss with horseradish-mustard spread on Dark Rye.

All is all, a great place to brunch!

Milk and Honey Cafe
1920 W. Division Street
Chicago, IL 60622
773.395.9434

1 comment:

Vi said...

i walked by. looked cute and clean. too bad i was unemployed and broke so i decided not to go in