Friday, August 15, 2008

Research shows that size does matter... for intelligence



There's an old chinese nursery rhyme that I learned when I was a kid. It's about having a big head:


Loosely translated, it says:
Big head, big head
When it rains, I'm not worried
While other people have umbrellas
I have my big head
Beyond serving as an umbrella, researchers have found that smarter brains tend to be larger. With only 2% of the population scoring above a 130 on their IQ tests, this is not making it a happy Friday for me.

My small head is not happy. Not only is it tougher for me to have an IQ over 130, but I get really wet when it rains.

Read High-Aptitude Minds: The Neurological Roots of Genius in the Scientific American.

1 comment:

harish sharma said...

After Dark is written like a neo-noir film, taking place in diners, love hotels, and empty convenience stores. The book takes place over seven hours of a Tokyo night. The chapters track the passing of time as we are are voyeurs in three stories strung together by bizarre coincidences.
gta 5 apk